Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday in Sydney

It's my last full day down unda and only full day in Sydney. My goal for the day was to walk until I dropped and I did. This morning I had a tour of the Sydney Opera House. It's a beautiful building. I had a leisurely lunch outdoors there before hopping on the harbor boat ride to explore a couple of the nearby islands. By then it was pouring rain, but I still walked the historic neighborhood area and the newer shopping district along with the touristy harbor area. 

You can climb the arch of this bridge up to the flags, and I really wanted to until I arrived and was told it costs $250. I moved on. 




Interesting fact- The Sydney Opera House was originally scheduled to be completed in 3-5years for $7million, but took an additional 10 years and cost $102 million. 






No comments:

Post a Comment